The Morris area has something for every season – spring, summer, fall, or winter, there are indoor and outdoor places to experience and events to enjoy! A unique combination of agriculture and culture, Morris is a great place to visit, to explore, to work and to live.
Morris – it starts here!
A four-season city:
- Compete with hunters from around the country during pheasant hunting season
- Race through drifted fields and miles of groomed trails on your snowmobile
- Once spring arrives, relax in the blossoming horticulture gardens
- Invite your whole family to join us at the Stevens County Fair and the Summer Jazz Fest
A place for history:
- See how deep our roots run at the Stevens County Historical Museum, located in an original Carnegie post office building
- Learn about the history of the UMM campus – originally an Indian boarding school, and recently added to the national historical registry
- Discover more about our prairie heritage at Prairie Pioneer Days each summer
A time to explore:
- Experience the bounty of our agricultural exhibits at the Stevens County Fair
- Spend a day submerged in the fine arts displays at the University of Minnesota and discover local talent in the artwork at the PRCA – Morris’s downtown art store
- Go for miles on our many hiking, biking, skiing, and snowmobiling trails throughout the countryside
- Unwind on the Pomme de Terre River while reeling in a walleye or taking a leisure canoe trip
An unexpected experience:
- We’re all about renewable energy sources in Morris, where we proudly rely on wind turbines, a bio-mass plant, a solar-powered swimming pool, and green eco-buildings
- Take a master gardener class, toast the bride at her wedding, or just sit back and soak in the sunshine in our 10-acre public horticultural gardens
- Be a part of our world-class arts and culture scene by attending plays, concerts, art exhibits, and festivals year ‘round
…where agriculture and culture come together.